The Junior Introduction to Handguns Course is the first step in getting Junior Shooters involved with the SSPC!
The Junior Introduction to Handguns course is designed for Junior shooters and their Parent / Legal Guardian who are interested in pistol shooting and looking to join our shooting club.
This course consists of 60 minutes of handgun and range theory followed by a 90 minutes of live fire exercises.
During the course we will cover
- Handgun Safety
- Range Safety
- Handgun Operation
- Shooting Fundamentals
- SSPC Club and joining information
$25.00 for each Junior if only they participate and parent/guardian just observe (through theory session and live range time),
$75.00 for each parent/guardian who wish to participate in the live range time and shoot as well.
All costs include range entry, ammunition, use of club guns and safety equipment as well as a hard copy of the Introduction to Handguns booklet for both attendees.
Once the Junior shooter and parent/guardian have successfully completed this course, you will be able to attend the range and shoot under supervision on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday Mornings before making a decision to join our Club.
Each of our Range Officers and Live Fire Supervisors are fully licence shooters themselves along with holding a Working With Childrens Check (WWCC) credential.
The Junior Introduction to Handguns course is run from the Springvale Range on the first Sunday of each month as listed on the booking page.
You will need to book and pay for your course before attending. Courses are limited to 10 paired participants (5 x Juniors and 5 x Adults).
Introduction to Handguns Book
As part of the course, you will receive a copy of the Introduction to Handguns book.
It is Highly Recommended that you download and read over the course booklet before attending the course.
That way you can ask any questions you may have during the course.
Download HERE and PRE-READ the Introduction to Handguns Book and material for the Junior Introduction to Handguns course is drawn from this book.
You can also Download HERE an electronic copy of the Notice of Receiveing Instruction (NORI) form.
Each attendee is required to complete AND BRING the COMPLETED form with you TO THE COURSE.
What else to bring with you to the course;
- Please be there 15 minutes before the course start time as there is some police check (NORI) paperwork which each attendee will need to complete.
- Please be there on time so that we can start on time!
- If you are late you will not be allowed to attend the course, and your course fee will not be refunded.
- You MUST bring a completed NORI form (basic personal information).
- Please bring 2 forms of ID, one with a photo (eg License and Medicare card) as indicated on the NORI form.
- Please bring your own safety glasses and earmuffs.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing AND for safety, please do not wear low cut tops or open toed shoes.
You will not need to take any notes during the course as all material presented and discussed is in your Introduction to Handguns book.