The SSPC Code of Conduct
As a club, SSPC and all our members subscribe to and are bound by a Code of Conduct.
This Code of Conduct aims to set out the minimum standards for members of SSPC.
It applies when competing, practising, training, spectating or taking part in club sanctioned activities.
- Act within the rules and spirit of the Shooting Sports.
- Promote fair play over winning at any cost.
- Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviour’s and skills.
- Support opportunities for participation in all aspects of the Shooting Sports.
- Treat each person as an individual.
- Show respect and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
- Respect the rights and worth of every person, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion.
- Respect and abide by the decisions of Range Officer’s and Club Trainers.
- Respect and abide by the decisions of the Committee, and in the event of disagreement or dispute, raise the matter in an appropriate forum and situation.
- Wherever practical, avoid unaccompanied and unobserved one-on-one activity (when in a supervisory capacity or where a power imbalance exists) with people under the age of 18.
- Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions.
- Display responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
- Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment-free environment.
- Do not tolerate abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour.
- Give your best at all times.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Compete by the rules and show respect for other members, range officers and committee members.
Aggressive behaviour actual or implied has NO PLACE in the shooting sports and particularly at SSPC.
If you demonstrate aggressive behaviour you will face disciplinary action immediately with a very high probability of being expelled from the club and reported to LRD.
Failure to follow the SSPC Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action by the Club.
If you are brought up on Disciplinary action, you will be brought before the Committee to explain yourself.
Disciplinary Action can result in:
- A Fine
- And/or the loss of your license if the Committee believes you are no longer a ‘Fit and Proper Person’ in accordance with Firearms Act 1996.